Title – Sales Engineer
General Job Description
Conducts site surveys, analyzes construction drawings, plans & specifications, and other documentation available to prepare system design and implementation estimate. Reviews client requirements and prepares itemized equipment list and labor needs for proposals and bid responses. Consults with clients, vendors, subcontractors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate “best price” estimates. Promotes and develops client relationships and supports existing client base with estimates and proposals for moves, adds, and changes to their systems.
Designs, configures, and estimates complex, integrated security management system solutions including but not limited to access control, photo ID badging, CCTV, video recording, intrusion detection, perimeter detection, and other specialized systems or components integrated with the overall security system per plans and specifications or scope created with the customer. Emphasis is on the creation of the lowest total installed cost-effective system that meets the customer’s requirements and expectations. Provides sufficient information such as plans and specs, material lists, technical write ups, detailed scopes of work, etc., as needed to effectively communicate project requirements or system solution to suppliers, subcontractors, implementation team, and customers.
- Conducts site surveys, analyze plans, specifications, and construction drawing packages, as needed to provide cost estimation for bid responses or implementation proposals.
- Prioritize estimates in order to meet sales schedule
- Prepare clear and concise estimates by gathering all necessary information, including prints and specs, and RFI’s, defining feasibility of projects and profitability
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate “best price” estimates.
- Establish and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships
- Create customized estimates which provide material unit costs, unit labor hours/cost, miscellaneous material cost, subcontractor costs, and any other cost necessary to provide a complete and responsible estimate
- Coordinate and verify subcontractor scopes of work, quotations, and terms and conditions
- Create technical write-ups for proposals including detailed scope of work and implementation plans.
- Utilize and adhere to S3 Integration standards, processes, formats, templates, etc.
- Adheres to safety standards, and local and national codes
- Attend pre-bid meetings, site surveys, and sales calls as needed for sales opportunities.
- Perform technical presentations as needed to support Sales and Operational efforts.
- Call on design engineers, contractors, suppliers, customers, or others as needed, to obtain project information vital to project estimating or future sales needs.
- Negotiate with contractors and/or suppliers in order to strengthen chances of project award
- Consults with Engineering, Sales, and Operations throughout estimation process
- Promotes and develops client relationships and supports existing client base with estimates and proposals for moves, adds, and changes to their systems.
- Generate submittals packages and works in conjunction with CAD operator(s) as needed to generate as-builts drawings and system documentation for clients.
- Attends various meetings throughout project as needed
- Involvement in project hand-off and design review
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management to support company goals and objectives.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Excel, Word, and Project.
- Must know or be willing to learn AutoCad
- Must be capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and schematics
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills required
- Must have good conceptual aptitude and time management skills
- This position reports directly to the Sales Manager.