Title – System Technician, North Carolina Triad Area
Description – Seeking full-time System Technician
POSITION OVERVIEW: The System Technician will report directly to the Operations Manager but is responsible to the Project Manager for daily project related activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing installation, service, startup and closeout of all jobs, assisting Project Managers in design, and other tasks as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Installs and pulls wire
- Installs system equipment
- Tests all equipment after terminations are made to ensure performance of the system
- All required paperwork is turned in timely and filled out completely (ex: vehicle log, timesheets, daily reports, service tickets, receipts, will-call tickets, completion certificates, ect.)
- Daily communication with Project Managers on delays, general requirements, and progress of the project
- Work with Project Managers to ensure jobs are on track and within estimated budgets
- Responsible for training apprentices or peers on required technology, standard installation and troubleshooting techniques, and system programming
- Work with System/Sales Engineers to ensure system start up meets compliance and specification
- Work with Project Managers to ensure close out and the complete turnover of the job to the client and service department.
- Provide required data for as-built information, service reference files, and training for the client.
- Keep accurate inventories of all part delivered to the jobsite or assigned for service support.
- Directing or coaching a peer or subordinate on technology hand off or on the job training
- Manage safety requirements and make corrective action towards violators up to and including reports to the Operations Manager
- 3+ years of working in the electronic field where AC/DC theory is used daily
- Proper knowledge of hand and power tool operations and safety
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot relay logic
- Basic computer skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
- Ability to finish projects
- Ability to organize workload for effect implementation
- Ability to write correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Ability to interact as a team member
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing, and lifting of objects, and operating of power tools, machinery, and office equipment.
- Site work conditions are like typical construction projects