Advancements in security technology provide the ability to monitor, schedule, change, revoke/update privileges, and audit openings, something that was once a luxury available only to companies with the largest budgets. In fact, it is now available to businesses of all types and sizes.
To achieve this increased security, Intelligent Key Systems offer a powerful feature set at a much lower cost than traditional electronic access control (EAC) when live monitoring and door alarm features are not required. Intelligent Key solutions are also a great add-on to traditional access control openings where an uncontrolled mechanical key override is causing a security risk. Installed in minutes, Intelligent Key Systems eliminate the need for wiring and other expensive infrastructure.
Features of Intelligent Key Systems
- Controlled access – Intelligent Keys are electronically programmed credentials able to open specific locks on a designated schedule by user and can be expired or revoked to meet security needs
- Accountability – Audit information, recorded in both the lock and key, shows a time-and-date stamped record of every event (authorized and unauthorized)
- Electronic rekeying and scheduling – Respond quickly to security threats, lost or stolen keys, or personnel changes without the time and expense of physically rekeying locks
- Easy installation – Simply remove the existing mechanical cylinder and install the ecylinder. Power is provided by the Intelligent Key, eliminating the need for any hard wiring or power supply.
- Physical security – Enjoy the benefit of intelligent features without compromising on physical security. Attack-resistant design and tamper-proof features protect against forced entry.
A key driver behind the growing need for access control is compliance requirements, which are now impacting many different industries. Compliance is easily achieved simply by replacing the mechanical key system with an Intelligent Key System.
Intelligent Keys offer an easy-to-deploy solution that addresses numerous compliance concerns in areas such as:
- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
- Data centers
- Narcotics control
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Financial privacy
- Key control
Cloud Services to Manage Intelligent Key Systems
Cloud services have become an integral part of our daily lives. In fact, we have come to rely on the convenience and power of cloud computing for many daily activities, such as smart phone usage, file sharing and media storage. And, just as they have changed our personal lives, cloud services are also changing the way we do business. From IT and marketing resources to collaboration and HR services, there are tools available for businesses of every size and industry.
Now we can leverage the power of secure cloud-based subscription services to change the way that we manage access control. Learn how you can use this innovative technology to implement flexible, cost-effective solutions to help you increase security, accountability and compliance on every opening.
Benefits of the Cloud:
- Ensures that your facility’s database is always accessible, secure and up-to-date
- Enables management from any internet-connected device (smart phone, tablet, computer – Mac or PC)
- Eliminates the cost and maintenance of on-site servers and support, such as anti-virus software, patches, updates, backup, and HVAC/cooling
Applications for Intelligent Key Systems
Higher Education and K-12 Schools
- Classroom Security
- Student Record Storage
- Server Rooms and Data Closets
- Mechanical and Electrical Closets
- Lab Equipment
- Musical instrument storage
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Pharmacy areas, supply cabinets/drawers, drug dispensaries
- Patient records, human resources, nurses stations, personnel offices
- Research labs, testing facilities, medical equipment, hazardous materials
- Surveillance, IT, and maintenance equipment
- Server Rooms and Data Closets
- Cash registers, safes, carts, offices, perimeter doors
- Jewelry cases, electronics and sporting goods displays
- Pharmacy cabinets, product inventory, vending machines
Utilities & Facility Protection
- Substations/switchyards, generating plants, control centers
- Electric transmission, perimeter fencing, server cabinets
- Equipment storage, chemical containers, watershed entrances
- Compliance with CIP Standards 006-3c and 006-5
- Intelligent traffic system cabinets
Contact S3 Integration for all Your Security Needs
S3 Integration is business for your network and security needs. Offering integrated security management systems, life safety systems and IT solutions and services, S3 can design solutions to keep your people, your property, and your visitors safe. Contact S3 Integration today, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.